Hail to all
Well, after some 379 blogs, all in my native tongue, here´s one in plain English.
There are many Metal related blogs, specialized, this one is about me, my views on various topics and subjects, my own poetry and stuff that I like. All in Portuguese, because I´m proud of my country.
Small, poor, but kinda honest, politically speaking. Good people, good food, wine, beaches, bitches, just nice to be around.
After 27 years of being a full-time hardcore metalhead, I don´t feel the need to prove myself. And I´ve done in the early Portuguese underground what I had to do.
Now, to what drove me to write in English this time.
It´s common to write about extremists, human rights violations, all things that happen in the middle-east.
I do despise their life-style, the extreme sexism, the use of torture, death, distorted muslim theology, you name it.
I do bash them down whenever I can when something pisses me off for one of these reasons.
I look at Iran, and think of an idiot saying the Holocaust never happened. There are still survivors of Auschwitz. It´s an insult to their memories, to the memories of the millions who died for no reason but hate towards another race.
I look at Iran, where women have almost no rights, as everywhere under "islamic" laws, made to serve man, only.
I look at Iran having long range missiles and a nuclear project. A ballistic nuclear warhead is almost certain to be planned to hit Israel.
But yesterday I had a fucking surprise. I found an underground scene of Heavy Metal in...Iran!
To me, Metal is freedom. We talk about everything, no taboos. Religion, myths, ancient gods, politics, reality, personal struggle, you name it.
It´s a school of life. I´ve learned more from Metal than everywhere else. It does opens the boundaries of thought, thus it´s labelled "enemy of the state" by all regimes wanting to keep the people in total blind ignorance.
Made me a better "person". Taught me to live.
I remember the days of the Berlin Wall, where mates of ours took enormous risks just for just one passion. The passion for Music. Metal.
Some got arrested, some...never to be seen, but when Metal sprawls, Freedom will be certain to arrive, one day.
I´ve heard bands even from Russia. 20 years ago, unthinkable!
To know, now, that some Iranians are opening their minds to Metal, gives me hope.
Hope that they will be more tolerant, intelligent, with more concerns about women rights and really start to make people to THINK FOR THEMSELVES!!!
Because that is the goal of Metal. To Think! To be Free!
Small steps may lead to a big walk in the future.
To all of the Iranian Metal Underground Brotherwood, I dedicate
Accept - Metalheart
Sem comentários:
Enviar um comentário